"This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links."
If you’re dealing with dry skin, a long list of skin complications isn’t far behind. Flaking, itchiness, redness, and cracks are just some of the other problems you might be facing if you don’t act on your dry skin soon. It’s important to maintain the moisture of your skin because this is what gives it elasticity. Without the proper hydration, skin becomes prone to all sorts of damage and breakage.
Fortunately, the solution to dry skin is as easy as applying the right body oil to lock in moisture and nourish cells from deep within. The only challenge now is finding the best body oil for dry skin. Wondering which product to choose? Find out with this guide.
Top 10 Body Oils for Dry Skin Chart
How to Choose Body Oils for Dry Skin
Not all body oils are made the same and not every option you see will give you the results you want or expect. To make sure that you buy nothing but the best body oil for dry skin problems, be sure to keep these major considerations in mind.
- Oil Formulation. Products that are labeled ‘body oils’ have different formulations that change the benefits they provide users. These options have varying combinations of oils and depending on what you want out of your purchase; it’s important to understand the types of oil that you can expect to find at your local skin care store.
- Sweet Almond Oil. Rich in vitamins A and E, sweet almond oil is best known as a blemish controlling oil. This ingredient also works well to dislodge deep-seated dirt and impurities that could further compromise the health of the skin. Loose and thin, sweet almond oil is readily absorbed by the skin for maximum moisture and effect.
- Coconut Oil. Coconut oil works well to smoothen out skin as soon as it is applied to the surface. Coconut oil is most often used as a massage oil; it is best for those who want instant relief against flaking and itching caused by dryness without an oily residue.
- Sesame Oil. The fatty acids in sesame oil help soothe irritation and rashes that may occur as a result of dryness. Plus, with a potent concentration of Vitamins B, D, and E, sesame oil also works well to reduce scars and other blemishes on the skin.
- Argan Oil. Argan oil is a powerful skin moisturizer, and is even found in shampoos and other hair care products for its hydrating properties. Aside from sealing in moisture and keeping skin elastic and healthy, it also provides a protective barrier that can prevent sun damage.
- Consistency. The reason why you should look into the consistency of the oil you’re buying is that it can affect the way you enjoy your purchase. A thick, sticky oil that doesn’t absorb into the skin after hours can make you feel uncomfortable and unpleasant, especially when you’re out and about.
Thin, loose oils that are closer to a liquid consistency, on the other hand, are more likely to be absorbed faster into the skin; however, their effects can also wane off sooner rather than later.
Top 3 Best Body Oil for Dry Skin Reviews
This product is made from 100% pure sweet almond oil and has been tried and tested by countless users. Safely, quickly, and easily resolving skin dryness, Essential Oil Labs Sweet Almond Oil has become the best body oil for dry skin based on consumer reviews.
The formula itself is very straightforward, containing nothing more than 100% pure oil for maximum benefits for your skin. The product is made from almonds that are sourced in Spain, which is then processed and packaged in the United States. Many users praise the oil for its effects on the skin; however, there are many others who use the product for other self-care purposes.
What truly makes Essential Oil Labs Sweet Almond Oil an investment not just for your skin is the fact that it can be used as a base ingredient for homemade self-care products like shampoos, lotions, and soaps. You can enjoy your oil in more ways than one, especially if you enjoy concocting your skin care products from home.
Another pure, all natural oil is Pure Body Naturals Fractionated Coconut Oil 100% Pure Carrier Oil. This product is composed mainly of coconut oil, and it is ideal for hydrating skin through massage. The formula incorporates zero chemicals, fragrances, and other synthetic ingredients that could aggravate dry skin, thus making it a good choice for people who have specific sensitivities.
The oil itself can be used for a lot of different purposes aside from hydrating the skin. On its own, Pure Body Naturals Fractionated Coconut Oil 100% Pure Carrier Oil works well as a makeup remover, hair conditioner, shaving cream, and even facial wash.
Lightweight and loose, Eve Hansen Almond Oil 100% Pure and Natural is easily absorbed into the skin for maximum moisture wherever you go. It is the ideal choice for people who want to be able to use their oil but don’t want to experience the discomfort of the sticky, slimy feeling that other products leave behind.
The formula is made from 100% almond oil and can be used as a base ingredient for homemade self-care products. The only issue is that it’s particularly more expensive than other products on the list, despite offering the same versatility and results.