"This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links."
Eczema can happen to anyone. So if you’re experiencing itchy, flaky, red skin that won’t seem to go away with time or consistent washing, you might actually have it. Fortunately for you, eczema is a common and treatable skin condition that often doesn’t warrant a visit to the doctor. All you need to do is find the right product to treat it.
The most natural, safe, and effective option you can purchase to treat eczema is essential oils. These are highly accessible, affordable, and very safe for use on all skin types. The only challenge now is pinpointing which ones are truly the best essential oils for eczema.
Learn more about the best of the best and buy a product that will guarantee relief by checking out these premium options.
Top 10 Essential Oils for Eczema Chart
To Consider When Buying Essential Oils for Eczema
Essential oils are basically highly concentrated extractions taken from plants, seeds, and other natural sources. These are said to have powerful benefits that optimize health depending on how they’re used. In terms of eczema, these oils are potent remedies that help relieve all the symptoms of the condition and even prevent it from recurring.
There are literally a vast variety of essential oils, so choosing the best essential oils for eczema can be difficult. Keeping these factors in mind, however, will help make the process a little easier and a whole lot faster.
- Source. While it is true that all plants, seeds, and flowers can be used as sources for essential oils, not all of them will have benefits for eczema. For that reason, it’s important to make sure that the particular essential oil you’re choosing was taken from a resource that has been proven to be beneficial for eczema.
- Tea Tree. Taken from the Melaleuca Alterniforia tree that’s native to Australia, tea tree oil is commonly incorporated into most remedies for eczema. This essential oil has been proven to kill bacteria, hydrate skin, and reduce redness for proper eczema management.
- Geranium. Much like tea tree oil, geranium has antibacterial properties; however, it also has anti-inflammatory properties that soothe irritation and prevent eczema from worsening.
- Lavender. Known as a popular antiseptic, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory oil, lavender is a premium essential oil that greatly increases the effectiveness of essential oil formulations for use on eczema.
- Tamanu. This oil is extracted from nuts and works well to soothe different types of skin irritations from acne, to itching, and even eczema.
- Coconut. Coconut is said to have numerous benefits not only for skin health but also for overall wellness. Its thick, fatty consistency makes it the ideal oil for immediate eczema relief and long-term resolution.
- Rosehip. Sweet smelling and mild, this essential oil is best known for its ability to soothe redness and reduce dryness, thus indirectly reducing itchiness as well.
- Method of Use. Essential oils can be used in a variety of ways. Although each one can be effective, you may experience differing levels of satisfaction depending on your preference and needs.
- Oral. Orally taken essential oil capsules or pills take a while longer to produce effects; this is mainly because your body first needs to digest its contents before it’s delivered to your skin.
- Massage Oil. Massage oils are used precisely as the name implies. By taking a small amount and applying it directly to the affected areas of the skin, you can achieve near instant relief against the symptoms of eczema.
- Spray. A spray, much like massage oils, are applied directly onto the skin with the main difference that these products aren’t necessarily massaged into the area. Sprays are easier and more convenient to use, especially if you don’t want to deal with oil fingers while you’re at work.
Top 3 Best Essential Oils for Eczema Reviews
Made from organic rosehip oil, this 100% pure unrefined oil is the top pick when it comes to the best essential oils for eczema. The potent extract deeply nourishes and moisturizes skin to bring out the healthy, undamaged layer underneath.
Working to relieve dryness and redness, Teddie Organics Organic Rosehip Oil 100% Pure Unrefined and Cold Pressed is a premium remedy if you want something that will act fast to provide you relief. Plus, the all-natural, 100% organic oil has zero additives and preservatives, so you won’t have to worry about worsening the irritation you’re experiencing.
Emu oil is most commonly advertised as an essential oil for hair growth and scalp health; however, it does also prove to be beneficial for people with eczema. This oil extracted from the fat of emu birds and is praised for its deeply hydrating properties that are perfect for severely dry cases of eczema.
A single issue that some users encounter is that it’s not quite as powerful when it comes to antiseptic and antibacterial properties, so it might need to be used in tandem with another oil or product altogether.
Made from 100% natural, organic, and ethically sourced tamanu oil, this essential oil product can instantly provide your skin some well-deserved moisture to keep it going throughout the day. Many users praise this product because it’s fast acting and reliable.
Among the top options, this one is the cheapest. So if you’re looking for oil on a budget, this premium choice might provide you the same benefits as the previous two without costing as much.