Use of a gentle cleanser on a daily basis is second nature to many people; however, sometimes the skin requires a little extra cleansing. In comes the facial scrub to the rescue!
As a result of pollution, repeated wearing of makeup, sweat and general grime, the pores can become clogged and require additional treatment to get it truly clean.
By using the best face exfoliator, you can ensure that dead skin cells are banished and that you can be left with a clear complexion.
By using the same technique that would be used in a spa, a great face scrub can leave with the same pampered feeling and clean skin.
Top 10 Face Exfoliators Table
|1. Acure Brightening Facial Scrub||4 oz. tube||$$||4.7|
|2. St. Ives Apricot Scrub, Blemish Control||6 oz. tube||$||4.7|
|3. Dermafresh Microdermabrasion Face Scrub||60 ml pot||$$$$||4.7|
|4. Skinfood Black Sugar Mask Wash Off Exfoliator||3.53 oz. pot||$$||4.6|
|5. St Ives Scrub, Even & Bright Pink Lemon & Mandarin Orange||6 oz. tube||$||4.6|
|6. Exfoliating Tea Face Scrub - Natural & Organic||1.7 oz. pump||$$$||4.5|
|7. Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub||4.2 oz. tube||$||4.5|
|8. Aveeno Positively Radiant Skin Brightening Daily Scrub||5 oz. tube||$||4.3|
|9. Microdermabrasion Face Scrub & Facial Mask in One||2 oz. pot||$$$||4.3|
|10. Blueberry Oxygen Facial Scrub - Loaded with Antioxidants||8.8 oz.||$$$||4.3|
Elements of Face Exfoliators to Consider
- Size of Exfoliate Scrub. If you have sensitive skin, you will need to avoid any scrub that will be too harsh. This can arise from the use of exfoliating particles that are too sharp.
- Ability. Think about whether you require it to deal with acne, blemishes or discoloration, for example.
- Ingredients. There are different ingredients that can be used to assist with various skin conditions, such as mint for oily skin or salicylic acid for blemishes, so be aware of your skin type when choosing your skin exfoliator to ensure you get the right one for your needs
There are a number of steps that are required of a good skincare routine.
Bear in mind that using an exfoliator too often and too roughly can result in damage to the skin. Even the best facial scrub can be a bad thing if used too often!
Avoid products that make use of plastic microbeads, which are already banned in some countries; these can be harmful to the environment.
Where possible, avoid absent-mindedly touching your face as this can transfer dirt and germs from your hands to your face.
The use of a good sunscreen is even more important after the use of a facial scrub.
How to use facial scrub:
- Ensure your hair is tied back so that it is clear from your face and will not get in your way.
- If you are wearing makeup, remove this using your normal makeup remover.
- Dampen your skin with clean, warm water.
- Dispense a small amount of facial scrub onto your finger tips.
- Gently rub the scrub over the skin in small circular motions, ensuring that you cover every part of the face except the delicate eye area. If, for example, you only have a problematic T-zone, limit the scrub to this area only so that you can avoid irritation to skin that does not require any special treatment.
- Rinse thoroughly with clean, warm water ensuring that you can no longer feel any of the exfoliator on the skin.
- Finish with a splash of cold water to close the pores.
- Gently pat dry with a soft towel.
- If using toner, apply this before moisturizing as normal.
Top 3 Best Face Exfoliator Reviews
Acure Brightening is a 4oz. tube of facial scrub that is designed to leave the skin looking brighter. It does this with the use of lemon peel and organic sea kelp in addition to the other ingredients. These provide a natural way to remove dead skin cells that does not do so harshly.
It also comprises French green clay, which works to reduce oiliness without taking away the beneficial moisture of the skin. The brightening effect is created by the Madonna lily that it contains.
The texture of this face scrub is such that you can feel it working to replenish the skin and allow a clear complexion to show through.
It is suitable for all skin types and is free from gluten, sulfates and silicone.
Acure Brightening facial scrub is the best face exfoliator for those who want a natural option that is cruelty free and suitable for vegans.
St Ives Apricot is the next best face scrub on our list.
It uses a range of natural ingredients to reduce blemishes and prevent them from returning.
The exfoliant element is provided by walnut shell powder and corn kernel meal so it is all natural.
It contains 2% salicylic acid, but no oil, sulfates or parabens, all of which helps it to clean deeply but gently.
This facial scrub comes in a convenient squeezable tube, which makes it easy to dispense only as much as you need.
It does not feel too rough to apply it to dampened skin and scrub away dead skin cells using circular motions, and it is gentle enough to be used three days a week.
For the peace of mind of a well-known brand that works well, St Ives Apricot scrub is a great option.
Zenith Skincare Dermafresh is a microdermabrasion scrub, which makes it a step above a standard facial scrub. It comes in a small pot that looks like the type that you would get at a high-end beauty counter.
The pot contains 60ml and it is not necessary to use a significant amount for the face.
It contains an array of ingredients that are designed to remove the layer of dead skin cells that can leave the skin looking dull. The papaya extract and salicylic acid it contains have naturally exfoliating qualities that make it a quality scrub that works well.
Those that use this Zenith scrub can be safe in the knowledge that it was not tested on animals and is free from alcohol and parabens.
Zenith Skincare Dermafresh is an excellent face scrub for those who require a little extra work to get blemish-free skin.