"This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links."
Acne remedy this, and acne cure that.
How many articles have you already read that claim to have the cure to your acne woes?
Probably a lot, and while we’re kind of contributing to that number in our own way, the difference here is that we offer you top suggestions rather than tell/guarantee you that our solutions will work for you.
Everyone’s skin is different. Everyone has acne for different reasons (or combinations of reasons), so in our guide to the best face mask for acne, we approach our tips with an open mind.
You want a ready-to-use mask? A DIY mask? Tips for incorporating both into your cleaning routine? We have something for everyone!
To Combat Your Acne, Understand What’s Causing It
Why do you have acne, anyways?
It could be due to a lot of reasons:
- Hormonal. Puberty, as we all know, can be one of the main reasons for acne in adolescents. Even after puberty, however, some of you still suffer due to a hormonal imbalance.
- Clogging. When your pores clog with sebum (the oil your skin naturally produces) and dead skin cells, bacteria can grow. Bacteria isn’t our friend on facial skin!
Clogging can happen due to a variety of things, from using the wrong products on your skin to eating the wrong types of food.
- Medicine. Certain medicines you take can definitely cause you to have acne flare-ups or to have acne on a regular basis.
Some of you can’t always change the medicine you take, so you might need to look for alternative treatment methods.
If possible, switching brands of medicine may be the answer.
Because there are so many different reasons that acne can show up on our skin, there can’t be just one single solution to everyone’s skin problems.
Let’s take a look at some of the best facials for acne on our list below. Compare, contrast, and find the one that will work best for your individual needs!
Top 10 Face Masks for Acne Comparison Table
Most Common Acne Fighting Masks
You’ll notice as you search that many of the same ingredients pop up.
Here is a list of the most common ones and what they do for your skin
- Charcoal. Helps remove toxins from skin
- Bentonite Clay. Also removes toxins
- Dead Sea Mud. Minimizes pores, firms, helps balance pH of skin and relieves skin irritations
- Coffee Scrub. Antioxidant, stimulates cell re-growth, promotes blood circulation
Other Ways to Combat Acne
If you thought that wearing a mask every day for a week is magically going to rid your skin of acne, you have a lot more reading to do.
There are so many reasons that acne pop up, some of them we can control and others we cant.
Even if you find the best face mask for acne but you don’t bother to change any other products you’re using, we doubt you’ll see any results. And this isn’t the fault of the product!
If you use a really good mask but you don’t use a quality cleanser, toner and moisturizer (by quality, we mean free of harsh chemicals and skin irritants), then even the best mask isn’t going to help you.
Here are a few other steps you can take in your fight against acne:
- Use quality, natural skin care products, makeup, shampoos and hair care products. If it goes near your face, then it will directly affect the skin on your face!
- Treat with natural ingredients. You’ll find plenty of recipes out there, but some of the main ingredients that all of them have in common include: honey (natural antibacterial properties), cinnamon (antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant) an and nutmeg (gentle exfoliator, antifungal and antibacterial) and apple cider vinegar (works as a natural astringent and helps balance the pH of skin).
- Change your diet. If you’re eating a lot of junk food and drinking a lot of sugary drinks, the results will be written (literally) all over your face.
Getting rid of just a few bad eating habits could help you start to see results, so it might just be time for a diet change!
Top 3 Best Face Mask for Acne Reviews
Here is that wonderful charcoal we mentioned above!
This contains coconut activated charcoal (the charcoal is made from coconut shells) and bentonite clay, both of which are excellent for the skin.
It works to clean the blackheads from your pores and leave your skin smooth and free of toxins.
This really helps you remove the toxins from your face, and better yet, if you have acne problems on other areas of the body, you can use it there, too!
This is actually in powder form, so you’ll need to mix it with water (or even apple cider vinegar if you prefer).
To some this was a bit of a pain, so if you want something similar that is ready to use, check out number 8!
Those of you interested in creating your own homemade mask can find plenty of recipes using these three simple ingredients.
In order to avoid putting any harsh chemicals on your skin, we recommend that you opt for organic products, which we’ve suggested for you here.
A honey, cinnamon and nutmeg mixture can be used as a mask or as an acne spot treatment if you have a few blemishes that pop up every now and then.
If this doesn’t sound like the right option for you, then do have a look at all of the other great products we’ve highlighted for you above!