Smooth, silky, soft skin all over is something any of us would want to have. Unfortunately, with so many different elements threatening to damage our skin on the daily, achieving optimal skin health can be close to impossible. So it’s no wonder why a lot of us suffer from dry skin which doesn’t only make skin prone to damage but also causes serious aesthetic issues.
If you’re suffering from severely dry skin, there’s no need to splurge on expensive skin treatments. The best lotion for extremely dry skin can be more than enough to help you say goodbye to those dreaded dryness issues minus the steep cost. Discover the best lotions for severely dry skin and pinpoint the right product for you with this complete buyer’s guide.
Top 10 Lotions for Extremely Dry Skin Table
How to Choose the Right Lotion for Extremely Dry Skin
Extremely dry skin can’t be easily resolved. That’s because severe cases of dryness can lead to irritation, redness, sensitivity, and itching which can all be exacerbated by the wrong lotion formulations. So when choosing lotion for extreme dryness, you should be careful to purchase a product that may put your skin health at risk.
Find out how to choose the best lotion for extremely dry skin by reading through this quick and easy buyer’s guide.
- Moisturizing/Hydrating. The main purpose of any lotion for severely dry skin should be to moisturize or hydrate. Certain ingredients in these formulations work to lock in moisture and lend hydration to skin that lacks the natural moisture it needs to maintain a soft and smooth feel.
Some of the most popular hydrating and moisturizing ingredients in lotion include:
- Glycerin. Leaves a coating over the skin which helps prevent moisture from escaping. Over time, the use of topical glycerin can help eliminate dryness altogether.
- Shea Butter. Considered one of the most powerful moisturizing agents in the world, this natural ingredient penetrates deeply into the skin to lend hydration and restore dry cells to normal health.
- Dimethicone. When used topically, dimethicone leaves a film of protection over sensitive, dry skin cells, preventing any moisture from escaping the skin to help restore cells to proper functioning.
- Argan Oil. Argan oil penetrates deeply into the skin, helping provide sufficient moisture to reduce dryness and make skin healthier.
- Directions for Use. The reason why it’s important to consider the directions for use when buying lotion for dry skin is that this can greatly affect the results you get out of your purchase.
For instance, if you have severely dry skin on your back and you bought lotion that requires at least three uses in a day, it may be inconvenient for you to slather your back with lotion while you’re at work. Make sure you also use it right after you wake up and before you go to bed.
Consider whether or not you’d be able to follow the directions for use indicated on the label religiously. If not, you might be better off choosing a lotion with more flexible indications.
- Artificial Additives. Things like preservatives, fragrances, and dyes are often added to lotion formulations to add otherwise non-essential benefits to the product. The fact is that these ingredients, while they do offer some advantages, could actually do more harm to your skin.
Keep in mind that severely dry skin may have developed as the result of an underlying skin condition. By slathering these synthetic ingredients on sensitive, dry skin, you may actually be exacerbating the cause.
Try to avoid preservatives, parabens, scents, dyes, and other unnecessary ingredients when buying your lotion so you can steer clear of potential risks and side-effects.
Top 3 Best Lotion for Extremely Dry Skin Reviews
Intensely hydrating and moisturizing, the Lubiderm Advanced Therapy Extra Dry Skin Lotion is the ultimate best lotion for extremely dry skin. This lotion boasts a powerful blend of ingredients that won’t only rehydrate skin now, but will also help improve the moisture barrier over time to make skin more resilient to dryness in the long run.
The Lubiderm Advanced Therapy Extra Dry Skin Lotion formulation includes vitamin E & B5, which are both essential lipids that strengthen the moisture barrier.
With frequent and consistent use, this lotion promises to ultimately resolve severe dryness so you can have stronger, softer, smoother skin without the need for topical treatments and products.
Fast drying, non-greasy, and highly effective, the Lubiderm Advanced Therapy Extra Dry Skin Lotion is a common first choice among buyers who want a reliable solution for severely dry skin. So despite the steeper price tag, it is definitely worth the purchase.
Cetaphil is one of the most prominent brands in skincare, offering a wide range of effective and safe solutions that target a variety of skin problems and conditions. Their Daily Advance Lotion Ultra Hydrating is often considered the best lotion for extremely dry skin for several good reasons.
Firstly, the formulation – although synthetic – is stripped of any unnecessary added ingredients that could potentially put your skin at risk of further damage. The lotion was particularly developed for dry, sensitive skin and you can expect mild and gentle resolution minus the chances of side effects, irritation, and adverse reactions.
If you’ve got sensitive skin that’s quick to react to new products, then Cetaphil Daily Advance Lotion Ultra Hydrating is possibly the best choice for you. Keep in mind though that it is one of the most expensive on the list, so expect to spend a little more on this product than you would on any other option.
For severe dryness, the Eucerin Advanced Repair Dry Skin Lotion is another great option for long-term results. This lotion won’t only provide moisture for instant relief and comfort, but will also repair damaged cells to encourage more efficient moisture retention.
The formulation strengthens the moisture barrier and helps the body store more moisture to prevent the dehydration of the skin; this makes it possible to resolve dryness in the long run, as the product repairs your system to become self-sustaining.
The only issue with Eucerin Advanced Repair Dry Skin Lotion is that it may irritate some individuals, particularly those with sensitive skin.