"This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links."
Navigating the world of work or school with foul smelling underarms might just be the most unsettling feeling of day-to-day life. Thankfully, deodorants are affordable, accessible, and highly effective. These products were made to prevent body odor from developing, allowing us to go about our duties minus the need to be self-conscious all day long. The only downside to using deodorants is that they can irritate, especially if your underarms are particularly sensitive to synthetic ingredients.
On the bright side, there are many natural deodorants that are just as effective as chemical based formulations without causing the same side effects. Find out which organic option is the best natural deodorant on the market and achieve odorless, long-lasting comfort and confidence sans the risks and dangers.
Top 10 Natural Deodorants Comparison Table
|1. Bali Secrets Natural Deodorant – Organic & Vegan – For Women & Men ||Roll-on||$||4.4|
|2. Organic Island Deodorant, 2.5 oz Probiotic Deodorant Stick, Natural, Aluminum-free, Unscented, Vegan||Stick||$$$||4.3|
|3. Nani Naturals All-Natural, Unscented, Organic Deodorant For Men & Women||Stick||$$$||4.2|
|4. Green Tidings Organic All Natural Deodorant, Lavender, 1 Ounce ||Stick||$$||4.2|
|5. North Coast Organics All Natural Deodorant: Death by Lavender 2.5oz ||Stick||$$||4.2|
|6. Primal Pit Paste Deodorant, 100% Natural, Aluminum, Paraben Free, No Added Fragrances, Lavender, 2 oz. ||Paste||$$||4.2|
|7. Schmidt's Deodorant Stick, Lavender + Sage, 3.25 Ounce ||Stick||$$||4.0|
|8. Sky Organics Organic Deodorant (2 pack)- 100% Natural Antiperspirant ||Stick||$$$||3.9|
|9. Organic Fields Of Heather Organic & Natural Deodorant That Naturally Detoxes ||Stick||$||3.9|
|10. ORGANIC 101 Cedarwood Spice USDA Certified, All Natural ||Stick||$$$$||3.9|
The Deal on Organic Deodorant – How to Choose the Right One
As with any other self-care product, organic deodorants come in a wide selection. This is what makes it difficult to land a solid choice, especially if you’re not quite sure what you should look for to guarantee your satisfaction.
Find out what makes a good natural deodorant and steer clear of poor options that won’t give you the comfort and confidence you’re looking for by keeping these factors and considerations in mind.
- Active Ingredients. Organic deodorants use a variety of different ingredients to help either prevent or mask any odors that might develop as a result of heat, sweat, and germs. Lots of natural formulations are very effective at both neutralizing foul smells and keeping your skin healthy, soft, and smooth.
To make sure your chosen natural deodorant really is an effective product, check the label and look for these ingredients:
- Witch Hazel. This ingredient works to soothe skin which is ideal for those with sensitive or irritated underarm skin. It also encourages sweat to evaporate, which ultimately prevents the development of foul odors.
- Essential Oils. In place of synthetic fragrances, natural deodorants use essential oils to give your underarms a subtle, pleasant scent. The most common essential oil used in organic deodorants for fragrance is lavender.
- Baking Soda. Place baking soda under your sink or in your bathroom, and it will ensure that no foul odors will develop; this is because baking soda is known to neutralize odors by absorbing moisture that causes bacteria to thrive.
- Free From Synthetics. There are several synthetic ingredients that are widely used in different cosmetics and self-care products because they perform well regarding their purpose. Unfortunately, these ingredients are also known to cause side-effects and adverse reactions that could potentially put you at risk of irritation or skin conditions.
A natural deodorant should be free of these synthetics to guarantee efficacy and safety. Read the labels before buying any deodorant to make sure it is free of the following ingredients:
- Parabens. This is almost always incorporated into self-care products because it works to extend the shelf-life of the formulation. However, parabens are also known to cause hormonal interference and have even been linked to certain cancers.
- Steareths. Steareths are the by-product of certain processes during manufacturing. They’re a well-known carcinogenic chemical that’s considered dangerous for use on all skin types.
- Propylene Glycol. This ingredient is used to give deodorant formulations a workable texture. Many of those exposed to this chemical experience some form of irritation, often with varying degrees of severity.
- Stick vs. Roll-On vs. Spray vs. Paste. Deodorant comes in many different forms, so be sure to consider which type works best for your preferences to guarantee your satisfaction.
The most common types of organic deodorant you’ll find are:
- Stick. Features a solid piece of deodorant resembling a bar of soap inside a plastic applicator. The stick is rubbed over the underarm skin, and leaves a coating of formula that often lasts much longer than other options. The product may stain white and black clothing and leave a sticky feeling over the skin.
- Roll-On. A single ball sits loosely over the deodorant’s container. The ball rolls as you move it over the skin and leaves a film of the liquid formulation. While it doesn’t always last as long as stick formulas, it dries completely for a more comfortable feel.
- Spray. The formula is contained in a spray bottle that you can apply directly onto the underarm. It works much like the roll-on but often dries much faster. Reapplication may be necessary depending on how your body reacts to the formula.
- Paste. Although not as popular, paste deodorants are much more effective at providing long lasting protection against odors. They leave a thicker coating than any other option, but they’re also much clumsier to apply.
Top 5 Best Natural Deodorant Reviews
Made without parabens, artificial dyes and fragrances, and aluminum chlorohydrate, this organic and 100% vegan formulation is the best natural deodorant on the market to date. The Bali Secrets Natural Deodorant boasts a combination of natural ingredients that don’t only keep you smelling fresh and clean, but also help improve the health of your skin.
The Bali Secrets Natural Deodorant also promises long lasting effects, giving you protection against foul odors for up to 24 hours after use; this means you won’t have to worry about reapplying the product throughout the day, extending the life of your deodorant to last up to 3 months before you need to repurchase.
Safe, effective, and all-natural, the Bali Secrets Natural Deodorant is a top choice if you want only the best for your body and your sensitive underarms. So despite its steep cost, the product definitely makes up for it when it comes to your satisfaction.
Handcrafted, natural, and free from harmful chemicals and ingredients, the Organic Island Deodorant with Probiotics is one of the best organic deodorant formulations on the market. This product combines coconut oil, organic corn starch, baking soda, jojoba oil, and probiotics to provide users a complete deodorant that also cares for their skin.
What makes it one of the best natural deodorant formulations is the fact that aside from being vegan and organic, it also has long lasting effects, protecting you from foul odors for up to 48 hours after application.
The only downside to the Organic Island Deodorant is that because of its natural formulation, it does encourage the skin of the underarms to detox several weeks after use, especially if you’re used to using synthetic deodorants. So you may experience some stickiness, staining, and discolored clothes for a while after you make the switch.
Vegan, organic, gluten-free, paraben-free, aluminum-free, and chemical-free, the NaniNaturals Unscented Natural Deodorant is a top contender if you’re in search for a deodorant that won’t cause irritation or side effects. This long lasting formulation can offer protection for up to 24 hours after application, allowing you to go about your day minus the worry of stirring up a stench.
The formulation uses coconut oil, red palm, bicarbonate soda, candilla, arrowroot, shea butter, sunflower oil, castor oil, and kaolin clay to give you long-lasting protection that doesn’t stain or get sticky. It also helps nourish the skin by moisturizing your armpits for a smoother, cleaner, clearer appearance.
The NaniNaturals Unscented Deodorant would have ranked higher on the list, with the only issue being that it does take a while to dry down, so you may have to wait a while before getting dressed to make sure you don’t get any stains on your clothes.
Among the most affordable choices on the list is the Green Tidings All Natural Deodorant in Lavender. This formulation boasts an even stricter list of ingredients, canceling out even corn, soy, and petroleum to give you a very mild yet effective solution that will keep foul odors at bay all day long.
The Green Tidings All Natural Deodorant in Lavender is a crowd favorite because of its subtle lavender scent that won’t only keep away body odor, but will also work as a subtle fragrance. What this means is that you can go the day with just this deodorant, minus the need to reapply perfume or cologne.
With only 1 ounce per tube, the difficulty with the Green Tidings All Natural Deodorant in Lavender is that it does run out rather quickly. So it may be necessary for you to buy in bulk if you want to make sure you’ll have deodorant on hand when you need it.
North Coast Organics All Natural Deodorant: Death by Lavender is a completely natural formulation that’s not only safe to use on the skin, but also safe to eat! The organic formulation uses nothing but food-grade ingredients, which are blended to create an effective deodorant solution that won’t put your skin or the environment at risk.
The formula also boasts a strong lavender scent that helps mask any odors throughout the day. The only issue is that some users feel that the fragrance may be on the strong side, which can be off-putting for those who are particularly sensitive to scents. Nonetheless, it does get the job done and works for a little less than a day to keep odors at bay.