If you’re on the lookout for a new face wash, then you’ll recognize the struggle of finding one that doesn’t contain nasty chemicals.
Choosing a natural face wash is one of the best ways you can ensure your skin is nourished in a kind and gentle way, while still achieving that squeaky clean feeling.
Balancing natural ingredients and quality doesn’t have to be difficult, as we’ve found the best natural face wash products which deliver flawless results without the need for synthetic ingredients.
Things to Consider
- Face Wash or Cleanser. Cleansers are typically non-foaming and best for removing makeup and grime, whilst face washes use a foaming action to deeply cleanse pores. It is recommended that everyone use a face wash daily, while cleansers should be used additionally when makeup is worn or if you live in a highly polluted area. We’ve included a few natural cleansers for those makeup addicts out there.
- Skin Type. Your skin type should always play a big factor in choosing skincare products and your face wash is no exception. We’ve listed the suitable skin types for each wash to make things that much easier.
Top 10 Natural Face Washes Table
|Picture||Name||Skin Type||Price||Rating (1-5)|
|1. Facial Wash, Organic and 100% Natural Face Cleanser||All Skin Types, Particularly Sensitive||$$$||4.5|
|2. Himalaya Neem Face Wash||Normal to Oily||$||4.4|
|3. Facial Wash Organic & Natural Gel Face Cleanser||Blemish Prone, Oily, Combination to Normal||$$||4.4|
|4. Alaffia - EveryDay Coconut - Cleansing Face Wash||All Skin Types (Including Dry)||$$||4.4|
|5. The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash||Blemish Prone||$||4.3|
|6. Amara Organics Facial Cleanser with 15% Vitamin C||Sensitive, Dry||$$||4.3|
|7. Alba Botanica Acnedote, Deep Pore Wash||Clogged, Blemish Prone||$||4.2|
|8. Bulldog Natural Skincare: Original Face Wash||All Skin Types, Men||$||4.2|
|9. Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash||Combination to Oily||$||4.1|
|10. ArtNaturals Clarifying Acne Face Wash Deep Cleansing and Exfoliation of Acne||Blemish Prone, Oily||$$$||4|
What Does ‘Natural’ Actually Mean?
With so many marketing buzzwords around, it can be confusing understanding the difference between terms such as ‘natural’, ‘chemical-free’ and ‘organic’.
- Natural. Means that a product is made from ingredients found in nature, and in America that means the ingredients list has to be at least 70% natural.
- Chemical-free. Is an even more unregulated term. Chemical-free is impossible, even the air we breath around us is a chemical, so this is very much a marketing shortcut of saying there are no harmful chemicals.
- Organic. Is a heavily regulated status that companies need to apply and pay for and the regulations vary from country to country. Broadly speaking, organic products have to use all natural ingredients and can’t interact with man-made chemicals during the production stage.
While all of our recommended products are natural, it is still worth looking out for terms such as organic, paraben-free, SLS and SLES-free and synthetic-free.
Benefits of Using a Natural Face Wash
There are many benefits of using a natural and organic face wash, not just for your skin but also to the world around you.
- Better for Sensitive Skin. Generally speaking, the longer the ingredients list is, the more likely you are to react to it, especially if you have sensitive skin. Natural beauty products tend to have much less ingredients in so the chances of a flare up are slimmer.
- Ethical Beauty. Many natural beauty brands are also cruelty-free, vegan and Fair Trade, so you can cleanse your skin guilt-free.
- Better for the Planet. Harmful chemicals in beauty can often end up down the sink, especially the remnants of your favorite facial wash. These chemicals can not only be destructive to our land at the other end but also to marine life.
Top 3 Best Natural Face Wash Reviews
It may cost a little more but there is a reason why the Christina Moss Naturals Organic Face Wash is the best organic face wash: this pampering face wash has been designed to gently but thoroughly cleanse skin using all natural and nourishing ingredients.
Completely SLS, SLES, paraben, sulfates and synthetics-free, this face wash contains a cocktail of essential oils and natural extracts. The high concentration of quality ingredients means a little goes a long way so will last twice as long as a face wash of the same size. You really are getting your money’s worth!
Most importantly, this face wash cleanses skin like no other. Rich ingredients ensure moisture is maintained whilst skin is cleansed without stripping natural oils. The gentle formulation is perfect for sensitive skin types.
This face wash may be the priciest option on the list but when you’ve got a face for a lifetime your skin surely deserves the most nourishing and gentle ingredients for it to flourish, and Christina Moss Naturals delivers just that.
If you’re after a budget product which isn’t packed with cheap and nasty synthetic ingredients the Himalaya Neem Face Wash contains natural ingredients to help cleanse skin for a brighter complexion.
This affordable face wash is free from parabens, SLS, SLES and Phthalates and instead uses the antibacterial Neem tree and Turmeric Root Oil to banish blemishes and leave skin feeling clean and clear.
Whilst not the wisest option for dry skin types, it is one of the best natural face wash products for those with oily to normal skin as it removes excess oil without dehydrating complexions. If you have blemish-prone skin, the Neem will help to cause problem-causing bacteria whilst the Turmeric will leave skin feeling soft to touch and refreshed.
If you’re looking to remove impurities and soften skin, the Himalaya Neem Face Wash won’t let you down, and you’ll barely feel the bank balance dent in the process.
Remove makeup, grime and debris after a long hard day with the Beauty By Earth Facial Cleanser. The gel formula is suitable for all skin types; no matter if you’re struggling from dry and sensitive skin, or excess oil build up, this facial cleanser is just a great all-rounder.
Enriched with aloe vera, fruit extracts and sea kelp, blemishes will be kept at bay and moisture levels balanced, whilst keeping things completely natural and free from artificial chemicals.
Designed to leave you with a fradaesh and glowing complexion, there isn’t much reason not to love this do-it-all cleanser. We do still recommend you pair it up with a face wash to ensure you are getting those pores deeply cleansed.
If you feel like you have a tired complexion that needs rejuvenating, breath some nourishment back in with the Beauty By Earth Facial Cleanser.