Whether it’s a recent scar you got from a minor accident, or an older one that you acquired as a child, there isn’t any doubt that scars can seriously affect the way you look. As more and more people are becoming critical of skin clarity and flawlessness, it’s only natural for someone with a nasty scar to want to find a way to conceal it or get rid of it all together.
Fortunately, getting rid of a scar these days – no matter how old it might be – is as easy as using the best oil for scars. These oils are effective, easy, and convenient, making scar removal as simple as it has ever been.
Top 10 Oils for Scars Chart
|1. Organic Rosehip Oil – 100% Pure Unrefined and Cold Pressed Rosehip Seed Oil||Yes||$$$||4.8|
|2. Rosehip Oil, Large 4oz - All Natural, Best Moisturizer||Yes||$||4.6|
|3. Vitamin E Oil By GreatFull Skin, 100% Natural||No||$$$||4.6|
|4. Natural & Organic Vitamin E Oil||Yes||$$$$||4.6|
|5. Foxbrim Organic Rosehip Seed Oil||Yes||$$||4.5|
|6. Organic Tamanu Oil, 100% Pure Virgin Cold Pressed Unrefined||Yes||$$||4.5|
|7. PRO EMU OIL (8 oz) All Natural Emu Oil||No||$$$||4.5|
|8. Pur360 Tamanu Oil - Pure Cold Pressed and Unrefined||Yes||$$||4.4|
|9. InstaNatural Organic Rosehip Seed Oil||Yes||$$$||4.4|
|10. Bio-Oil Liquid Purcellin Oil||No||$$||4.2|
How to Choose the Most Suitable Oil for Scars
Every oil contains different components and ingredients that make them unique. That’s why not all of the options you’ll find will be ideal for getting rid of your scars. Another thing to factor in is the fact that each body is different, thus causing oils to produce different effects from person to person.
If you’re on the hunt for the best oil for scars and you’re not quite sure where to start, be sure to consider these factors to help you land the right choice.
- Source. Oils that are used for skincare or self-care purposes are often extracted from natural sources like plants, leaves, nuts, and fruits. The benefits of many of these sources have been studied extensively during different research efforts, and have thus been proven effective against combating scars.
Some of the most common sources for oils that are used against scars are:
- Rosehip. Rosehip oil is packed with nutrients that can help regenerate the skin and encourage dead cells to slough off. Commonly, rosehip oil is used to reduce and fade the appearance of acne scars.
- Vitamin E Oil. Vitamin E has long been praised as one of the most effective micronutrients for skin health and wellness. It plays a large role in scar reduction, and is commonly used to fight off older scars.
- Tamanu. Extracted from the nut of the Tamanu tree nut, tamanu oil is used in various products such as conditioners, shampoos, lotions, and creams. It’s used as a scar reduction oil because of its powerful healing properties and high concentration of antioxidants.
- Emu. As the name suggests, emu oil is taken from the fat of emu birds, which is processed and refined to turn it into a clear, oil-like fluid for human use. Emu oil is often advertised for its benefits in hair care, but it has also shown promising positive changes against scars.
- Purity. There are some oils that are advertised as 100% pure, meaning they haven’t been mixed with other ingredients. The reason why this should matter to you as a buyer is because the higher the purity level of your chosen oil, the more pronounced its benefits will be.
Oils that have more ingredients might last longer in terms of shelf life and may have other minor benefits such as better scent and consistency, but these added ingredients can significantly reduce the benefits of the oil itself.
- Type of Scar Addressed. Often, the efficacy of your chosen oil will depend greatly on the type of scar you want to reduce. For instance, newer scars are much easier to resolve because they’ve yet to completely heal. So by assisting the healing process, you can encourage better skin regeneration for a scar-free appearance.
Top 3 Best Oils for Scars Reviews
Rosehip oil is one of the most effective oils for removing scars, but when it comes to brand names, Teddie Organics seems to take the cake. This top rated rosehip oil formulation contains 100% unrefined rosehip oil in its rawest form, which is why it is often considered the best oil for scars.
The main purpose of the oil is to improve skin tone and elasticity, which are both highly beneficial for scar removal. Another thing that makes it a very good choice for people on the search for an effective oil for scar removal is that it doesn’t require any fancy usage instructions. Simply apply 2-3 drops of the oil on your skin anytime of the day to help reduce the appearance of scars in just a few weeks’ time.
A close contender on the list for the best oils for scar removal is the Gaia Purity Rosehip Oil. Made from 100% pure rosehip oil, this is another effective product that efficiently removes scars no matter how old they might be. It’s been stripped of any other ingredients that may be unessential for the cause of scar removal and skin.
Without any BPA, fragrances, and completely hypoallergenic, this particular rosehip oil is ideal for people who have significantly sensitive skin types. The oil is also a great way to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, on top of being an effective scar remover, which doubles its benefits for the right buyer.
Vitamin E is one of the main micronutrients that our skin needs in order to maintain healthy appearance and proper functioning. That’s why the potent concentration used by Greatfull Skin Vitamin E Oil is has put the product among the front runners in the scar removal market.
This oil is ideal for addressing all types of skin issues – from blemishes, to stretch marks, to scars and everything in between. And although it is highly effective at achieving these benefits, the formulation includes a large amount of coconut oil esther. While this doesn’t actually pose any threat or risk to users, it can significantly reduce the efficacy of the oil itself all for the sake of a more manageable texture.