Aside from improving skin’s overall health, look, and feel, lots of lotions also work well as a substitute for perfumes and colognes. So for people who don’t want to use too many products all at one time, a fragrant body lotion would be a great way to care for your skin and keep you smelling clean and fresh all day long.
Unfortunately, the variety of fragrances available when it comes to body lotions can make it difficult to land the right choice. Now, if you’re having a bit of trouble figuring out which option is the best smelling body lotion available, this guide should help you narrow down your choice and buy the best product for your needs and preferences.
Top 10 Smelling Lotions Comparison Chart
|Picture||Name||Added Benefits||Price||Rating (1-5)|
|1. Camille Beckman Silky Body Cream||Moisturizing||$$$||4.8|
|2. Bath & Body Works Signature Collection Body Lotion||Moisturizing||$$||4.6|
|3. J. R. Watkins Natural Hand & Body Lotion||General skincare||$$||4.5|
|4. Rose Milk Skin Care Lotion||Moisturizing||$$||4.5|
|5. Bath & Body Works, Signature Collection Body Lotion||Moisturizing||$||4.4|
|6. Ecco Bella Organic Water-Free Vanilla Herbal Body Lotion||Soothing, anti-irritation||$$$$||4.3|
|7. Body Lotion (Very Emollient)-Scented Alba Botanica||Moisturizing, massage lotion||$$||4.3|
|8. Avalon Organics Hand & Body Lotion||Moisturizing||$||4.2|
|9. Queen Helene Hand + Body Lotion||Anti-aging||$||4.1|
|10. JASON Rosewater Hand & Body Lotion||General skincare||$$||3.6|
A Buyer’s Guide to Choosing Fragrant Body Lotion
It’s difficult to really label a specific product as the best smelling body lotion because everyone has their own idea as to what smells good and what doesn’t. So just reading product descriptions might not be enough to help you choose a product that’s really going to appeal to your sense of smell.
If you’re buying your lotion online, the problem becomes even more of a challenge. Fortunately, there are some things that should help you determine which ones would best suit your preferences without getting a whiff of the lotion itself. Consider these tips when buying scented body lotion to help you buy the best bet for your specific needs.
- Understand Types of Fragrances. There are 7 main types of scents that should help you categorize your choices and select one that best suits your preference. Before making a purchase, it would be best for you to pinpoint which type of scent best appeals to you so you can scan options that fit into your chosen category and cut out others that might not meet your standards.
The 7 main scent types include:
- Fruity and Floral. These scents are the most common and are often associated with romance and femininity. Lavender, rose, mango, and other similar fragrances fall into this category. Often, they smell sweeter and much stronger than other scent types.
- Oriental. Called oriental for their long history as essential ingredients for eastern traditional medicine, oriental scents are characterized by spices like cinnamon, clove, and vanilla.
- Chypre. These scents are often described as exuding an earthy smell characteristic of oak, moss, and some citrus scents like lemon and orange. Nutty fragrances also fall within this category.
- Green. Imagine the scent of crushed leaves, freshly cut grass, and moist rich soil, and you’ve got yourself a green fragrance. Often, these scents are much stronger than chypre and are marketed for use on men.
- Oceanic. Combinations of orange, mint, the smell of salt and sea are what comprise the oceanic fragrance. These scents evoke the feeling of being close to the ocean, and are often light, sharp, and refined.
- Wood. Pine, cedar, and sandalwood are the most common smells found in this fragrance category. The deep wooden scent is best for men, however can also be found in small notes for women’s fragrances.
- Consider the Added Benefits. Aside from being a good smelling lotion, you might also want to consider what else it can do for you. Most lotions are champions at hydrating the skin, but there are others that provide unique benefits that are much more fine tuned to users’ needs.
Anti-aging lotions, lotions for sensitive skin, and sun protection lotions are just some of the other types that you might want to consider if you want to maximize the benefits you get out of your chosen purchase.
Top 3 Best Smelling Body Lotion Reviews
The Camille Beckman Silky Body Cream has often been considered by many as the best smelling body lotion because of its soft, subtle, and smooth scent that doesn’t overpower the senses. This buttery body cream mainly smells like vanilla, but also has very subtle wooden, musk notes that give a warm, soothing, and relaxing experience.
If you want more than just a pleasant fragrance out of your lotion, the Camille Beckman Silky Body Cream also has many other benefits to offer. Containing a powerful blend of almond oil, aloe vera, and vitamin E, this body lotion also effectively cares for your skin, perfecting moisture, and clearing away blemishes, fine lines, and wrinkles over time.
Bath & Body works is a juggernaut in the skincare market, best known for their body lotions and creams that are developed specifically for their fragrant benefits. Among their best smelling body lotion options is the Bath & Body Works Signature Collection Body Lotion in Japanese Cherry Blossom.
This fruity floral fragrance can be very strong, lasting long hours, which makes it the perfect choice for people who don’t have time to reapply lotion throughout the day. The formulation is also a great moisturizing solution that easily absorbs into the skin for effective hydration without the residual sticky feeling.
This potent lemon scented body lotion is perfect if you want something that can keep your sense awake throughout the day. The sharp notes of lemon make it the ideal daily lotion, giving an appealing yet simple fragrance that won’t overpower your senses or smell too overwhelming.
This formulation is completely paraben free, dye free, phthalate free, and cruelty free, which is what has made it a hit among certain buyers. The only problem with this lotion is that it does not offer any specific skincare benefits, and simply provides extra micronutrients for your skin in the general sense of the term.